Wednesday, May 5, 2010

5 Things


Timism of the day: How to list 5 things I am thankful for everyday by Tim. i have been doing the count your blessing routine (on and off) for my whole adult life. It helps me to be happy, even when times are tough, keeps me grounded and really helps me be grateful for the blessings already in my life and to not take these things for granted.

How i do it: Keep a journal of any kind: just list down anything, it doesn’t have to be big: I like to start with things that I have done, take an emotional inventory of feelings, remember people that I love. Sharing wine on the beach with friends, fudgecicle ice cream, Google searches, my dog greeting me when I come home, good coffee in the morning, surfing, kayaking, a good workout, walk in the park or run etc... Whatever you think of is appropriate. Remember it’s what YOU are thankful for. Don’t feel the need to justify why it made you happy, just write what you think and keep the list somewhere private if you wish.

Lessons & tips: write even when you don't feel it: You will often find that after listing a few happy things that you are going to feel better, as this is the power of positive thinking. Resources: the book "simple abundance" by Sarah Ban Breathnach, a blank journal, a cup-o-jo, my dog “Pivet”, and a comfy/inspiring place to sit and write.

Just sayin. Take it. Test it. Teach it. tim

No comments:

Post a Comment